Advantages of UV Germicidal Lights
The ductwork of air conditioning and heating systems harbor bacteria, viruses, and mold, so Tampa Bay HVAC technicians recommend installing UV germicidal lights to improve the air quality of your home. The UV light used in these products is safe and cost efficient, and UV germicidal lights are often used in hospitals and other commercial buildings for sanitation purposes.
How Does the UV Light Work?
Ultraviolet light disinfects surfaces by deactivating the DNA of viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens, eliminating their ability to reproduce and spread disease. When the microorganisms attempt to replicate, they die. UV germicidal lights are a unique alternative to disinfecting air, surfaces, and water with harmful chemicals. UV germicidal lights are used to sanitize swimming pools, hotels, aquariums, bottling facilities, and laboratories.
Benefits of UV Germicidal Lights
- Limit the growth of bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens
- Sterilize the air and improve its quality
- Reduce electricity costs because air conditioning and heating systems don’t have to run continuously to improve air quality
- Prevent illnesses in households
- Eliminate odd smells coming from microorganisms in air conditioning and heating systems
- Operate continually, even if HVAC systems are off
- Increase the lives of air conditioning and heating systems
If improving the quality of the air in your home and decreasing the stress on your air conditioning and heating system are important to you, consider hiring a Tampa Bay HVAC technician at Forest Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc., and request UV germicidal lights.